Reflections of Creation

One of the greatest things that God has given humans is the ability to see beauty in the world around us. I have never noticed my dog stop and stare at the beauty of a forest or the incredible colors of a sunset, but these things have the ability to stop me in my tracks in wonder and awe. This website is my attempt to capture some of the beauty and glory of an indescribable God by capturing reflections of Him that I see in His creation.

Search

a preview of what's to come

Look, it's one of those amazingly rare things: a blog post from me! Woohoo! I know I haven't been around much lately (sorry, Judy), but I will post more. Lately, my camera and camera bag have been at the office or somewhere I was not when I was going to post. But, it's in the house today, so here's a post for you.

As for this picture, this is from Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument. I got to spend a morning hiking there about three weeks ago, and I have to say that it is an amazing place. There are unreal rock formations around and even a slot canyon there! That is one of the main reasons I chose to hike there since I have wanted to see a slot canyon since I was in junior high. Now, I finally have, and I even have the pictures to prove it. I'll try to post more from Kasha-Katuwe this week, and I will try to use my camera more with all the youth stuff I'll have going on this summer in order to have more stuff to post.


2 responses

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
  • Judy said so, on

    Woohoo! Glad you're back to posting. This is a fascinating picture with more elements to enjoy the more it is viewed. From looking at this photo, I would assume this is not the type of hiking "us old folks" could manage, or could we?

    top
  • Dave said so, on

    Actually, this spot is a pretty easy hike. It's not all easy though; once you get through the slot canyon it can get a little rough and steep. But, most of the hiking is easy and still has some amazing things to see. Here is a quote from their website:


    Activities
    The national monument includes a national recreational trail. It is for foot travel only, and contains two segments that provide opportunities for hiking, birdwatching, geologic observation and plant identification. Both segments of the trail begin at the designated monument parking area. The Cave Loop Trail is 1.2 miles long, rated as easy. The more difficult Canyon Trail is a 1.5-mile, one-way trek into a narrow canyon with a steep (630-ft) climb to the mesa top for excellent views of the Sangre de Cristo, Jemez, Sandia mountains and the Rio Grande Valley. Both trails are maintained; however, during inclement weather the canyon may flash flood and lightning may strike the ridges.

    top


the most important part of this website

I enjoy photography and I always find myself wanting more time to be outside with a camera. The idea of posting my pictures was born out of the love for my wife, Alison (alisonbryantwrites.com), who hates it when I do not take my days off. This website, reflections of creation, is a way to force me to get out of the office from time to time and putting me outside where I love to be. While a creative outlet for me, I hope this is an encouraging site for you, and one which helps point you to the Creator of all this beauty around us. God is so much bigger and amazing than we could ever imagine, and He loves you and me! What an amazing thought! He loves us so much that He was even willing to let His son, Jesus, die as a sacrifice for us. That fact is more beautiful than any picture you will see on this website. I hope you know Jesus, but if you do not, please email me or go to www.needHim.org. Thanks again for coming and stop by again soon.

Theme Modified by Sandeep Gupta and licenced under MIT License

Reflections of Creation | feed

5ThirtyOne and Blogger Templates design | Top