Reflections of Creation

One of the greatest things that God has given humans is the ability to see beauty in the world around us. I have never noticed my dog stop and stare at the beauty of a forest or the incredible colors of a sunset, but these things have the ability to stop me in my tracks in wonder and awe. This website is my attempt to capture some of the beauty and glory of an indescribable God by capturing reflections of Him that I see in His creation.

Search

The sound of Your name

IMG_2933

I always liked this picture, but I never posted it because I don't love it. But today, I found my mind drifting to this picture and this October morning for two reasons: 1) I asked a friend if it was too late to wish for fall weather since I'm already tired of 100 degree temperatures, and 2) I made Alison a blackberry mocha this morning.

I love our local coffeehouse, The Blue House, and the pettiest of goals in my life is to someday make a chai or a latte as well as they do. This place is awesome and just the mention of it's name sends Alison into this peaceful, eyes closed, "mmmmmmmmmmmm" moment. No lie.

To me, it's fascinating how just a name can create such intense emotions out of us. I think about the name of Jesus and how much emotion gets packed into that one name. If you know me, then you know that everything reminds me of a song and of the Bible, so I'll combine the two by quoting part of a song by Above the Golden State.

Towers fall and kingdoms crumble
Mountains bow and the earth will tremble
At the sound of Your name
The sound of Your name
The strong man falls to Him who humbles
The plans he made were bound to stumble
And only You remain
Only You remain

I highly recommend listening to the song while drinking a cinnamon dulce mocha. Stop by sometime and I'll make you one. Or better yet, we'll go to Blue House.

3 responses

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
  • sharilyn said so, on

    i am SO in!! and there's nothing like being able to make thick, beautiful cappucino foam...it's truly an art (i loved doing it when i was a part-time barista!)... things that make you go "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......." :)

    top
  • Dave said so, on

    It really is an art! You'll have to teach me sometime. There's a great Christian coffeehouse in Artesia (about a half hour away) that does some great latte art.

    Here's a sample from their website. My little $80 machine doesn't produce enough crema to do this type of thing.

    top
  • Christi said so, on

    What a beautiful post and photo today, Dave! I love it and you know I am all about the coffee too!!! smiles...

    top


the most important part of this website

I enjoy photography and I always find myself wanting more time to be outside with a camera. The idea of posting my pictures was born out of the love for my wife, Alison (alisonbryantwrites.com), who hates it when I do not take my days off. This website, reflections of creation, is a way to force me to get out of the office from time to time and putting me outside where I love to be. While a creative outlet for me, I hope this is an encouraging site for you, and one which helps point you to the Creator of all this beauty around us. God is so much bigger and amazing than we could ever imagine, and He loves you and me! What an amazing thought! He loves us so much that He was even willing to let His son, Jesus, die as a sacrifice for us. That fact is more beautiful than any picture you will see on this website. I hope you know Jesus, but if you do not, please email me or go to www.needHim.org. Thanks again for coming and stop by again soon.

Theme Modified by Sandeep Gupta and licenced under MIT License

Reflections of Creation | feed

5ThirtyOne and Blogger Templates design | Top