Reflections of Creation

One of the greatest things that God has given humans is the ability to see beauty in the world around us. I have never noticed my dog stop and stare at the beauty of a forest or the incredible colors of a sunset, but these things have the ability to stop me in my tracks in wonder and awe. This website is my attempt to capture some of the beauty and glory of an indescribable God by capturing reflections of Him that I see in His creation.

Search

I'll take the forest

This picture may be a repeat

IMG_2764

A couple of hours ago, I was walking around Albertsons and spending way too much money on tv dinners, kleenex and dark chocolate hershey kisses. While there, I got the chance to see a mentally handicapped friend who I hadn't seen in months. This guy always brightens my day, and so it was great to see him, especially after a long day. Friends have a way of brightening your day and making things better, don't they?

I know that's the way God has planned it, and I know I have really needed a friend the last few months. While there is amazing beauty in the solitary tree, I'll take living as part of a forest any day.

I can't help thinking about those I had contact today that needed a friend: the youth minister on a youth mission trip who had to have an emergency appendectomy. The woman who thought she was going to lose her dad to a heart attack. The single mom who went into labor this morning. The woman who had to bury her spouse of 28 years (it's been a very long day -- on top of a long few months).

God intends us to live our lives uplifting and encouraging each other. Unlike this tree, we shouldn't ever stand alone. So, my goal for today is to be there for one person. To hurt with them. To laugh with them. To see the wonderful reflections of creation God sends our way. That's my goal for today.

If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!

Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?

Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

-Ecclesiastes 4:10-12

3 responses

You can leave your response or bookmark this post to del.icio.us by using the links below.
  • Christi said so, on

    What a beautiful post today, both the photo and the text. I hope that things improve...Spring is here, a time for new beginnings! smiles!

    top
  • sharilyn said so, on

    wonderful insight... and thanks for sharing your heart. just so you know, i enjoy your posts and look forward to what in your world you have photographed to share with me and others! that, and the beauty you see, IS an encouragement to me, dave!!

    i've had several very tough years in the very recent past, and as a result, was a solitary tree for quite some time... i'm starting to become part of a small copse of trees again (not quite a forest, but God will provide)...and it's a beautiful thing!

    by the way, loved my word verification message to me: urant. hahaha! :)

    top
  • Judy said so, on

    This picture is fantastic! I keep coming back to it. However, even more than the beautiful photography, the words you said were what I needed most. Thank you.

    top


the most important part of this website

I enjoy photography and I always find myself wanting more time to be outside with a camera. The idea of posting my pictures was born out of the love for my wife, Alison (alisonbryantwrites.com), who hates it when I do not take my days off. This website, reflections of creation, is a way to force me to get out of the office from time to time and putting me outside where I love to be. While a creative outlet for me, I hope this is an encouraging site for you, and one which helps point you to the Creator of all this beauty around us. God is so much bigger and amazing than we could ever imagine, and He loves you and me! What an amazing thought! He loves us so much that He was even willing to let His son, Jesus, die as a sacrifice for us. That fact is more beautiful than any picture you will see on this website. I hope you know Jesus, but if you do not, please email me or go to www.needHim.org. Thanks again for coming and stop by again soon.

Theme Modified by Sandeep Gupta and licenced under MIT License

Reflections of Creation | feed

5ThirtyOne and Blogger Templates design | Top